Investment trust savings scheme
SIT's STOCKPLAN is a simple, flexible, low-cost investment trust savings scheme which enables your clients to buy shares in The Scottish Investment Trust PLC (SIT) easily. It offers your clients very cost-effective access to a professionally managed portfolio of global equities.
STOCKPLAN's key benefits:
- There is no initial or annual management charge.
As with all stocks and shares, there is compulsory government stamp duty on purchases and a different buying and selling price applies. There is also a PTM (Panel on Takeovers and Mergers) levy of £1.00 for any purchase or sale of shares over £10,000.
- Minimum investments can be made from as little as £25 per month or £250 in a lump sum
- Investment may be stopped and restarted as your client wishes
- Withdrawals may be made at any time, it costs just £11.95 to sell all or some of the holding
- There is no minimum investment term
- Investors receive two statements per year, so tracking your investment is easy
- Your clients are investing in a diversified and professionally managed investment company which holds a portfolio of global equities, spreading the risk of stockmarket investment and increasing the opportunities for reward.
- Your clients can make regular monthly investment into SIT more easily and economically with STOCKPLAN than if they invested directly.
For more information on STOCKPLAN and an application pack, please click here.