STOCKPLAN is a simple, flexible, low- cost investment trust savings scheme which enables you to buy shares in The Scottish Investment Trust PLC (SIT) easily.
STOCKPLAN - investment trust savings scheme
SIT's STOCKPLAN is a simple, flexible, low-cost investment trust savings scheme which enables you to buy shares in The Scottish Investment Trust PLC (SIT) easily. It gives you exposure to a professionally-managed portfolio of global equities, without the worry and effort of having to decide which companies to invest in yourself and without paying for the services of a stockbroker.
Any equity investment must be viewed as a long term proposition (say, ten years plus). Given this time frame, STOCKPLAN provides investors with an excellent combination of features and potential benefits.
STOCKPLAN's key benefits:
- There is no initial or annual management charge. As with all stocks and shares, there is compulsory government stamp duty on purchases and a different buying and selling price applies.
- Minimum investments can be made from as little as £25 per month or £250 in a lump sum
- Investment may be stopped and restarted as you wish
- Withdrawals may be made at any time, it costs just £11.95 to sell some or all of the holding
- There is no minimum term
- Investors receive two statements per year, so tracking your investment is easy
- You are investing in a diversified and professionally-managed investment company which holds a portfolio of global equities, spreading the risk of stockmarket investment and increasing the opportunities for reward.
- You can make regular monthly investment into SIT more easily and economically with STOCKPLAN than if you invested directly.
The information in this section does not constitute advice nor a recommendation to invest in STOCKPLAN. If you are not sure if an investment in STOCKPLAN is suitable for your circumstances, you should consult your professional adviser.
The value of investments and the income from them can go down as well as up as a result of market and currency fluctuations and investors may not get back the amount originally invested.
STOCKPLAN is marketed and provided by SIT's wholly-owned subsidiary, SIT Savings Ltd, which is authorised and regulated by The Financial Services Authority. SIT Savings Ltd is not authorised to give investment advice to individual investors.